Rabbit: breeding, showing and meat!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kynz7, Feb 21, 2016.

1. kynz7

kynz7 New Egg

Feb 21, 2016
    Washinton
    Hey everyone! Hoping to get a rabbit thread up. Dosn't look like there are many of those.
    What rabbits do you all keep?

2. funnyfarmmom

funnyfarmmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    Hi! I'll join in with you lol. I have rabbits for meat, breeding, and pets. We dont do shows. My kids have had Lionheads for awhile, just for pets and they would breed them once in a while to sell the babies for a little pocket money. I decided not too long ago that since Im the one paying for the feed and doing most of the actual care that I might as well get some that we can use as well lol. So we currently have: 1 Lionhead Doe that has 5 four week old babies, 1 Lionhead Buck, two Californian Does, Two New Zealand white does, two New Zealand black does, 1 New Zealand red doe, a broken black new zealand buck, and a siamese satin buck. Oh and I am sitting for my friends buck at the moment that i have no idea what breed he is but hes gorgeous :). Two of my does are bred and will be kindling soon. These are all my breeders so i have yet to actually process any lol. But we have a large family (7 kids) so everything we do has to be large scale lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by