Rabbit cages

Easier to clean, I swear they make the cages nearly-impossible to clean. Also a different metal so they don't rust or corrode, I've seen so many gunked up ones. My friend made ones that essentially unclip to flatten out so she can power wash them, flip them over and power was the other side. They work great.
big_smile.png

I'd also like to see wire floors be outlawed.
barnie.gif

Quote:
So a seprate brood doe cage that had a mom retreat and under the floor nest box? Would you want the whole cage front to open or just most of it?

I made my own nest boxes with a larger top and when the babys got bigger the mom would be able to get on top to get away from them and i would take the bottom out of the nest box
I never had any trouble cleaning the all wire cages

I am never happy with the quality or price of commercial rabbit cages, so I made my own and am much happier with them. Problems I've had with commercial (FYI, these are indoor cages housing 1-2 pet rabbits only):
-Hard to clean due to small access doors (I like top access doors or large side doors)
-Paint peels and then metal rusts making cleaning a joke
-Usually no platforms offered for rabbit cages
-Many do not offer enough head room for the rabbit to stretch upwards on its hind legs, let alone to hop around a bit
-I don't require dark housing areas for pet rabbits, but definitely would want a burrow like compartment for outdoor rabbits (my rats do have a dark "underground" nesting area to use during the day, and they definitely seem to appreciate it). Only outdoor hutches seem to have those, and not so much the wire cages

Traits I like in commercial cages:
-Cages that can collapse and are on wheels for easy moving (I don't need wheel locks for indoor use, but those are handy in some cases)
-Cages that can be easily modified, connected, and expanded.

I would like to see more living space in them... (like 2-3 story cages..)
Also, i would like to see a spot for the rabbits to get off of the wire cage bottom... someplace comfortable to rest.. ( i cant imagine its very comfy to lay on wire 24/7..)
Something that can be taken out and cleaned easily...

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of the three story cages becasue I have heard of rabbits falling of and dying. Same reason for not putting shelf in the cages.

Back
Top Bottom