rabbit/chicken

gram28

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Hudson WI
I have 3 pullets and just inherited my daughter's rabbit. Can I let them be together in the run if I keep them separate at night? My coop is insulated for winter and I would need to keep the rabbit in there when it gets very cold. Any ideas?

I have 5 chickens and two rabbits and they seem fine but when the rabbits go near them my chickens get scared and run off. Then of course when the rabbits are minding their own business my rooster seems curious. But they run together and its quite fun to watch them chase the chickens. Lol I dont see the problem. But make sure you only start the rabbits in slowly for the first week or so and stay outside and watch them. Just in case that the chickens might want to peck at them.

I keep 6 bantys and 2 flemish giant rabbits together and they do great. Just make sure the water doesn't get soiled with chicken poo and then the bunnies have to drink it:( If the pen is large enough, they shouldn't bother each other at all. My hens actually have layed down next to the rabbits to snuggle and sun themselves:) Inter-species love!

I have had the opposite happen: The rabbit's scare the chickens, and the chickens peck at the rabbits. I was afraid enough for the 20 lb Flemish Giant that I took him out of their area.

Back
Top Bottom