Rabbit help!

Take her to a Vet if possible. Rabbits pee does have an odor, are you smelling it or is the area red/infected. You've already bathed her but as balloonflower mentioned "spot cleaning" a good idea. If it's crusted, carefully clip away the fur for the area. Try & keep the area clean & dry. Taking her to a Vet, if the wound isn't too old, maybe able to stitch which would help alot preventing infection.

As others have said, I would not bathe any rabbbit but clean the area well. Because of where the wound is located, a bad smell may not mean infection, but if it is draining or oozing that could be an indication.

Hydrogen peroxide is one of my favorite cleansers, but not in this case because of the sensitive tissues in the area.

I make a homemade salve of coconut oil, tea tree oil, calendula cream, and colloidal silver for topical treatments of sores and cuts but there are other prepared topical treatments you can get from a farm or pet store. I would treat it as least twice a day, but more often if infected. Salves also loosen up whatever is matting in the fur.

As an additional precaution I might use an OTC antibiotic in the water.

Thank you all for the advice!!!
I was researching last night and saw vibactra as something to try, I actually have some I completely forgot about so I'm using that . I will look up everything suggested too!!! I really appreciate the responses!!!

One of my does I got that were in rough condition, she had genital sores (not caused by diseases) and she would bleed. On top of that, her scent glands were horrible and urine started sucking to her badly. We cleaned her EVERYDAY and have her batril. Did put veterycin on her area after clipping fur away. However do know that ANYTHING you put on, they will lick off

Back
Top Bottom