Rabbit not using it's back feet HELP!

poultrykeeper08

Songster
11 Years
Feb 12, 2008
Agawam , Ma
My rabbit isnt using its back feet . He hops and his back feet move but he wont use his feet . He lives with other babbits but i checked him over and there is no bite marks and there is nothing in the cage that he could get his feet stuck on .
I seen white hair in the cage but there is another white and black rabbit in the cage so i figured they were shedding .

What do you think could have happened ??

HELP

No i checked him over for cuts and i didnt notice any ticks . I got him monday at an auction and he was fine . Walking ,eating,drinking, etc .

Now all of a sudden this happens . I knew something was wrong because he is always at the door to greet me and today the other 3 were witch was wierd .

So i said OH NO (i thought he might have died ) and opened the other door that is on the house part and there he was so i said ok . The he went to hop and he didnt move his feet .

I pinched his toes and he pulls back a little so he has some feeling in them . I have no clue wt is wrong wit him

Its always the one you like the most !!

I think a trip to the vet is in order for this problem. Happened to 2 of my older ones when they got to about 8 years old...guess their system was failing.
sad.png

OH dear mom's not gunna want to hear that we have spent about $7000 dollars in the last 3 months on pets at the vets . First our dog needed Emergancy C section , then our cat got hit by a car (she lived thank god) and then my 12 year old dog had to go 2 days ago .

The trouble will be finding a vet that will look at bunnys

But when you have pets you have to deal with wat they give you even if that means expensive pet bills . Its our responsibility .

It is most likely a back problem. Pinched nerve, slipped disc, that type of thing. I would keep him quiet, make sure he has access to food and water without really moving and see if he will heal on his own. Is he still eating and drinking? If so, give that a try. If not, you will probably need a vet.

OH he hes eating and drinking . He hasnt stopped since i brought him in . Its like he has never ate before . Biut he does he is always the first and last to leave the food bowl . He seems healthy . I told My mom to let him be over night and if he hasnt improved call the vet and see what thy say and bring him in if need be .

Bunnies have very strong back muscles and I've heard of alot of people find their bunnies in the morning down with back leg issues and turns out they usually have broken their own back, or at least got something out of place. All it takes is something to spook him and he can flip around in the cage and injure himself badly doing it. I would check for a vet in the phone book or online that says, specializes in small animals, those are the ones that are usually familiar with bunnies. Best of luck with the little guy!

Back
Top Bottom