Rabbit pedigree question??

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bobwhitelover, May 21, 2011.

1. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Ok well i was just wondering what a half pedigree was? Is it where the buck has a pedigree and the doe doesn't???? PLEASE HELP!![​IMG]

2. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Sometimes, it could also mean that they have missing info on the pedigree as well.

3. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Exactly what it says. The breeder had a pedigree (background) on the buck, and not the doe. Pedigee doesn't mean registration. I used to buy a couple satins a year from a guy that does well nationally with his rabbit, didn't keep great pedigrees, he know what color everyone was, but didn't keep birth dates, grown weights or anything else. I new what I could expect color wise, but that was it.

4. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Ok great!:)

5. CranberryCreekFarm

CranberryCreekFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Maine
    what if the doe is pedigreed, but buck is not? [​IMG]

6. dutchhollow

dutchhollow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    SW IA
    Same thing you have half a pedigree. A pedigree is only a piece of paper kept by breeders to show parentage, keep track of colors and weights of breeding stock. It is a valuable thing if you are showing rabbits and may want to reg. at somepoint, as you have to have to register. Most rabbits aren't registered, have lots of ch. legs on rabbits that aren't registered and have no pedigree's. I keep them on mine using the program rabbit register, but I like to know what colors to expect, and lot of buyers want them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by