Rabbit pedigree question??

bobwhitelover

Songster
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
SOmerset
Ok well i was just wondering what a half pedigree was? Is it where the buck has a pedigree and the doe doesn't???? PLEASE HELP!!
hmm.png

Exactly what it says. The breeder had a pedigree (background) on the buck, and not the doe. Pedigee doesn't mean registration. I used to buy a couple satins a year from a guy that does well nationally with his rabbit, didn't keep great pedigrees, he know what color everyone was, but didn't keep birth dates, grown weights or anything else. I new what I could expect color wise, but that was it.

Same thing you have half a pedigree. A pedigree is only a piece of paper kept by breeders to show parentage, keep track of colors and weights of breeding stock. It is a valuable thing if you are showing rabbits and may want to reg. at somepoint, as you have to have to register. Most rabbits aren't registered, have lots of ch. legs on rabbits that aren't registered and have no pedigree's. I keep them on mine using the program rabbit register, but I like to know what colors to expect, and lot of buyers want them.

Back
Top Bottom