Rabbit pellets for chickens and quail?

Kind of what I'm affraid of too. LOL

She lays my biggest, roundest, darkest egg. This is her first out for months and it's not dark or round, but huge. Maybe she ran out of paint covering that huge thing. I'm going to run to KMart and grab a kitchen scale and weigh it.

I have wet some rabbit pellets and given them to my Quail before.
The salt in my pellets as at 0.75% and the max for my chick starter is between 0.25 and 0.75. You can look at your feed and see if it is about the same. I was just trying to add some greens to their diet in the winter.

I have wet some rabbit pellets and given them to my Quail before.
The salt in my pellets as at 0.75% and the max for my chick starter is between 0.25 and 0.75. You can look at your feed and see if it is about the same. I was just trying to add some greens to their diet in the winter.

This is good to know. Might give them all a wet pellet treat in the morning. I do know that since they have all been able to get to the food on the ground, I'm finally getting eggs again.

My birds like to find the dropped pellets that the rabbits scatter under their cages. Since the pellet are so hard and compact, I was wondering. I'm sure they would expand some, so would it be alright to soak them for the birds? I'm kind of hoping so, since it's so cheap and I can buy extra for them. Also if there are any quail people, can I also do this for them?

Personally I wouldn't feed my chickens rabbit pellets. My chickens used to peck at my rabbits pellets and they got the runs. It could depend on the brand.

I have a rabbit that lives in a hutch inside the chicken run. She mingles with the girls during the day. The rabbit does't let the hens into her hutch, but once in awhile one sneaks up and eats the food. It's no big deal. My rabbit also gets into the chicken food. I feed high quality, vegetarian pellets, so again, no big deal. The important thing is that both species get most of their diet from their own feed. Also, both have access to greens. That way, they don't overeat on the food that's not designed for them. You can see the rabbit and hens on my livestreaming cam on my website.
www.HenCam.com
How sad that your rabbit is stuck in a hutch alone. Rabbits are loving social animals, all mine are rescues and spayed and neutered and very spoiled ans happy living indoors and all have large areas with litter boxes and a soft bed.rabbits don’t belong in hutches outside,

Correct I haven’t been on for some time. That said I did find the information I needed from someone who was one of the top poultry people in the country. Raised the most amazing birds (and dogs) and showed and judged all over the world.
Yes I still soak and even ferment different things for my birds. Rabbit pellets is one of those things. I just lost my last rabbit on NYE and after I sent half a bag to a neighbor for his rabbits I’ve been using the rest for my chickens and quail.

Back
Top Bottom