Rabbit questions

My rabbits are my first rabbits. I have two netherland dwarf boys that are sweet and outgoing, and so, so cute! my angora is calm and easily handled but still full of personality. She needs LOTS of grooming, though you can always keep them clipped. i sometimes clip her, if i'm going to be busy. She's adorable, cuddly, and a bit bossy! My friend has a jersy wooly, and she's a nice rabbit too. They are great if you like angoras but need something smaller. Really, though, you need to talk to the breeder and meet their rabbits. As I understand it, some lines are friendlier/more docile than others. Also, if you can't be with your pet a lot, please consider getting two. Rabbits are social animals. Good luck and happy rabbit keeping!!!

My first rabbit was a Netherland Dwarf. So cute and friendly!! I have had male and female rabbits and hands down prefer males, they were cuddlier, friendlier, just overall a better rabbit when it came to personality, all of my females were either territorial of their cage and would lunge and try to bite when I got near their cage, or were shy/skittish
idunno.gif
I have heard that Flemish Giants are supposed to be very docile and good pets although they are large!

Yes I have heard males make better pets too. Plus it's really cheap to neuter them and then they make even BETTER pets!
big_smile.png

My first rabbits were Netherlands, I had them since they were babies and played with them A LOT and they never tamed down.
hmm.png

I love my Holland lop...he is curious, entertaining and friendly. He does not like to be held but does love to be around people and could have his head rubbed for hours on end. My daughter had a little white Netherland dwarf when she was young and he was also very sweet. He enjoyed being held but we did get him as a baby and my lop was a rescue bun and was thought to be 4 or 5 years old when we got him. I highly recommend a bunny for a pet.

Mini Lops are the best bet they are small and friendly and Netherland Dwarf Bucks Are a Good one go with the males which is the bucks lol the bucks are sweet here is some of my bucks

Simba: Lynx Netherland Dwarf

Big Boy: Black Otter

Oreo: Broken Black

I just adopted/rescued a Holland Lop (I think, she is too small to be French or English Lop) and despite what I have heard about girl bunnies she is very friendly. She came spayed, thank goodness (and this may account for her sweetness).
She is settling in, but not too interested in food or water yet. She came litter trained, which is fantastic. She was a house bunny until the owners got tired of her & she was moved out to a garage where she got very little attention. She is a year old, and precious.
It was VERY easy to find a rabbit to bring into the family. I put an ad on Craigslist & I had to take it down after 4 hours because I was FLOODED with responses from people who wanted me to adopt their rabbit. I looked at shelters as well, and adoption fees in my area are VERY reasonable, especially since the cost covers vet bills & neuter/spay.
Good luck in your search for the right rabbit. I found Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits to be a very nice, comprehensive intro to bunny care.
Another side note about getting a bunny by adoption - my first rabbit I got last summer & he came to us with Snuffles, something I didn't know about until it was too late. He did not make it long after I brought him home and it was so traumatic for me. I think if you get an older rabbit you can see health problems more easily, and they have stronger immunities than the babies do.

Our first bun was a Holland Lop from Tractor Supply. She was skittish and easily startled and never got over it and started biting. We tried everything to try to win her over. I got 2 Harlequins, a buck and doe and they are totally opposite. I got my Harlequin's from a breeder. So from now on I go to breeders to get my buns. A real breeder worth their salt will NOT sell you a mean bun for a pet.

The pic is my DS holding my Harlequin doe.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom