Rabbit show thread

Quote:
If you care about the health of the does, every 6 months at the MOST. If they are just for breeding for meat, you can breed immediately, however, I personally find that to be cruel to the doe.

I am sure you can find A LOT of tanning vids on youtube. I would love to see what they look like afterwards, so get moving.
wink.png

Quote:
What part of Orgon are you looking for? I think there is a show this weekend.

central oregon WHERE IS THE SHOW!!!!!
big_smile.png

YAY!! Are you going??

Quote:
central oregon WHERE IS THE SHOW!!!!!
big_smile.png

YAY!! Are you going??

where is it like I live in prineville

Last edited:
I just found two French Angoras at the weekly Farmer's Market/Swap and bought them yesterday. The man had several and I chose a broken black buck and a tort doe. I named them Sebastian and Victoria and was so excited! The man didn't spend much time grooming them though.
hmm.png
Victoria is only tangled slightly but Sebastian is so matted! His whole belly, butt and sides was mat! It was loose mat though thank god so easy to comb out and only had to clip two that were right under his tail and impossible to get at with a comb without him having a fit. They had never been brushed but are very docile and only tried to hop away once or twice. Theyre both blowing their coats so we brushed them as long as they would allow yesterday and hope to finish them up today. Victoria is a bit on the skinny side and was excited to see food when we got her settled. They are both about 8 months old and never been bred so once I have them groomed and they are comfortable at home I think I will breed them just to keep from "waiting too long" for the doe. They're in the barn and not outside so the cool weather shouldn't be a problem for the kits and I can run a space heater if it seems they get chilled.

I got a slicker brush and a mat comb from the pet store under advisement of a dog groomer but I know some people have angoras here so is there another type of brush I should use?

CYG

Quote:
We breed frenchies and the slicker brush and mat comb are necessary as well as a comb that has wide teeth and teeth closer together. If you groom as you should, you won't need the mat comb, or at least rarely. Rabbits prefer colder weather, and with their coats they are usually fine in the winter. Summer is the time to be aware of how they act.

Hello Rabbit Peeps!!!

So Hubby and I recently entered the Rabbit world. We chose Netherland Dwarf Rabbits. We have two Pedigree Does, A Chestnut and a Broken Tort Doe. Both were bred before we got them, with a Black otter Buck that won 19 legs last year. One is Due Friday, but I don't think she is actually pregnant, the other is Due on the 17th, and I felt a kit in here, so I know she is prego.

Anyway.... We bought some cages off Craigslist, and when we picked them up the nice lady selling them threw in over $200 in feeders, waterers, brushes, etc. I then noticed that besides her daughters 4H meat rabbits, she had two Lion Heads, and when I commented on them, she said I could have them. She said that over the years, she had kinda become a shelter for unwanted rabbits. These two came to her from an owner that no longer wanted them, and she tried to give them to her nephews, but they had no interest, and their mother didn't want to care for them, so they came back to her, and didn't get the attention they deserve. These poor Rabbits! I had to give them a forever home, and Hubby fell in love with them, so they came home with us.... I bought a triple stack of cages from her, and already 2 are filled, LOL. Both are molting right now, but I was hoping sombody here could tell me what color they are? I'm guessing Tort?

Doe, we named her Abbey.

24137_2011-11-07_06-20-48_156.jpg

Buck, we Named him Jethro. His color is washed out in this pic, but he is the same color as the Doe.

24137_2011-11-07_06-21-23_705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom