Rabbit thread

Loving everyone's cute bunny pics. We have 4 bunnies. 1 blue lionshead with long hair and 3 dwarf bunnies (2 black, one light brown). I have them in hutches in a deep shaded covered area.
A few weeks ago I saw a dark brown bunny around thier hutch. I know the people who lived here before raised rabbits and rats that they fed to a huge snake- found out from the nieghbors (we just recently moved here). We have found a few black and white pet looking rats. Now this rabbit! I hope they didn't let thier snake loose too!
This full grown bunny doesn't look wild because it has a dark chocolate brown rather than light brown or greyish fur (I'm guessing-could be wrong). It didn't act very afraid of me either. I have been putting a little food and water out for it. I bet it has been eating all the wild blackberries in the woods behind our house. Anyhow, today I was in the chicken pen and the roos started thier alert noise and I looked up and there was a tiny baby bunny that looked just like the one I saw before, but tiny. It acted like it wanted to get into the chicken's run. The chickens have pens made out of chainlink panels so I don't know if it can get in there or not. I had some of my younger pullets out free ranging and they were only a few feet away from the bunny and it wasn't scared of them but it ran away from me. Does any one think I should try to catch these bunnies or just let them be?

Back
Top Bottom