Rabbit Water Bottles for Coturnix Quail?

Hang it from the wire about head height and just leave it there. They will drink from it, you may not see them, but they will use it very well.
i dont think thats a good hunch to go on. make SURE at least one of those birds knows how to use it. and yes you will most deff. see them or hear them hitting the bottle. they make a sound that is unmistakable. quail are smart. but not geniuses how would they know theres water in it if they never have even seen it. a hanging bottle is just that. gotta still engage the little buggers. i always just give it a gentle sqeeze right in front of them (cots and buttons) will run right over to it and start to investigate. you will guide them from there.

Thank you everyone for all the help. I plan to give it another try this weekend when I am home to watch them and make sure they are drinking.

I've been using Lixit rabbit water bottles the last couple weeks and they are working like a champ! Very efficient! Highly recommended.

I use the Lixit for our rabbits. (Just got a bunch of bottles that have the flip-top for easy filling.) I didn't even think about using them for the quail.

idunno.gif

Did you ever try these? They have the pin nipples not the ball since they are top filling and the ball needs a vacuum so it doesn't leak, right?

Hamster bottles work for quail as long as wet bedding isn't an issue. They drip. If you need the bedding the be dry, I recommend horizontal poultry nipples. I use these exclusively in my breeding pens.

0.jpg

Can I use a automatic gravity fed waterer with the rabbit nipples for quail aswell will it work pre can the quail not push on them hard enough to get the water

Back
Top Bottom