Rabbit ???

josh

Songster
11 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Western Kentucky
Is there a good website for rabbits? I am not new to rabbits I have had many. But I just got Dutch which I have never had before. I have a black and white male and some gray and white females. If I breed them what color will I end up with? Will they be mingled together colors?

Quote:
Welcome
smile.png

I use to raise Dutch to show. You are safe breeding your blacks to your grays. Black is the base color for all colors. You should end up with a litter of some gray and some black. It also depends on what is in their background. Are they straight black or was there blue, or tortoise in their background?
Good luck and congrats on the new bunnies.
cool.png

I really don't know their back ground I bought them at a auction. One of the black ones has some gray hair in the black. The grays look like they might have some light brown hair in with the gray and 2 of the gray ones have a white spot on their back leg. What would cause this?

Anytime that you breed dutch - you have a chance of getting some wild looking ones.
roll.png

When breeding for the correct dutch - you breed for type and markings. You cull all the wild looking ones - the ones with spots and extra colorings of hair and you keep the ones that are more true. You don't want the stops on them to be too long, but not too short, etc.
A lot of people don't like messing with dutch b/c of this, but I really enjoyed the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom