Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
And yes year strip starts part way down her back

This is a Checkered Giant:

I agree that Bonnie's markings are somewhat similar, but the important word with this breed is "Giant." They may weigh as little as 11 lbs at maturity (roughly the same weight as a New Zealand) but they are slender animals, so they have a whole lotta frame for the weight. The rabbit in the picture below is a little closer to the camera than its owner is, so it looks a bit bigger than it really is, but you get the idea ;

The rabbit in the picture below has similar markings, but it is NOT a Checkered Giant - it's a Mini Rex (adult weight, 4 lbs.)

. This is my beautiful girl bonnie. Was wondering if any knew what breed she may be I myself am thinking Rex but not sure

yeah she does look like a Rex but I cant fully tell I may be wrong (or right
idunno.gif
)

Definitely not a Rex - that's a normal coat.

The next thing I'm going to say is kind of surprising, because I frequently scream at the screen when I see someone else say it.
roll.png
Your girl may be part English Spot, though it might be Rhinelander in her background. She appears to have a stripe down her spine, which is a requirement in those "marked" breeds but somewhat unusual in brokens of other breeds (it seems like some people see anything with a broken pattern and immediately go with "English Spot," hence the screaming). I don't think she's a purebred; there are details of coat and type (not just markings) that I'm not seeing, but she looks well-loved.
smile.png

Oppps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to give you the wrong advise... but at least I told you in advance that I might be wrong.. and I was.

Sorry!!!!!!!!!

English Spot (5 to 8 lbs.)

Rhinelander (6 to 10 lbs.)

I seriously think one of these breeds are more likely than a Checkered Giant. Thinking that a CG was behind a 6 lb. rabbit simply because of the markings is a little like assuming that a Catahoula must be part Great Dane because it's brindled.
idunno.gif

Question:: my bunny is going to have babies and this is her first litter of kits. What type of formula do I get if she refuses to let them feed. I've had to bottle feed a lot of cats and dogs cows and pigs but never rabbits. Just wondering so I can be fully prepared when her delivery day comes.

Back
Top Bottom