Rabbits!

I love rabbits because...

• They're sooo cute!

Votes: 52 27.5%
  • They're friendly!

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • They're entertaining!

Votes: 40 21.2%
  • They've cast me under their fluffy spell!

Votes: 78 41.3%

• Total voters
Quote: I'm curious - what do you not like about Dana's head? She could stand to be a bit wider across the crown; that would get her ears perpendicular. But she has nice, little "spoon" ears, a properly positioned crown, a good eye, a good profile, well filled muzzle - all in all, I'd say that's a pretty decent head for a doe.
hu.gif

I'm curious - what do you not like about Dana's head? She could stand to be a bit wider across the crown; that would get her ears perpendicular. But she has nice, little "spoon" ears, a properly positioned crown, a good eye, a good profile, well filled muzzle - all in all, I'd say that's a pretty decent head for a doe.
hu.gif
Oh I think it's a nice head too. I was just saying it could use a little work. Maybe its just the angle of the pic, but the ears seem to lay or be positioned on the head kind of awkwardly. It could be a little wider. But I think she conforms to the standard really well. @WinterChicks . You should consider showing her, after the babies are weaned off of her of course!

Oh I think it's a nice head too. I was just saying it could use a little work. Maybe its just the angle of the pic, but the ears seem to lay or be positioned on the head kind of awkwardly. It could be a little wider. But I think she conforms to the standard really well. @WinterChicks . You should consider showing her, after the babies are weaned off of her of course!
Oh thanks very much! That was a pic her old owner took and said I could use.

She stuck her ears up as the camera flashed-then she put them back down LOL!

I dunno if my parents would let me but I would love to show!

Quote: This picture shows the lack of width a bit more. Ideally, she'd be so wide across the crown, her ears would hang straight down on either side of her head, and she'd have no ear control at all. Some kits have ears that go down pretty much from the get-go; some go through a stage where they have ear control and then lose it, and some continue to have some ear control their entire lives.

In my opinion, breeding to get a correct head and/or head placement on the shoulders is the hardest for Holland's. That's just my opinion. I have a buck who has terrible head placement, I bred him to a doe with good placement, but she didn't conceive.

This picture shows the lack of width a bit more. Ideally, she'd be so wide across the crown, her ears would hang straight down on either side of her head, and she'd have no ear control at all. Some kits have ears that go down pretty much from the get-go; some go through a stage where they have ear control and then lose it, and some continue to have some ear control their entire lives.
Kinda cool she has ear control though!!!

On other notes:
Fern is most likely pregnant. Successful breeding last night and about an hour ago. Anything else I should do or did I breed her enough?

He fell of twice with grunting noises! I'm gonna make sure he falls off once more then nothing else until palpate, nest box and birth.

You should check out my thread:
My Mini Farm * My Story * Chickens & Rabbits

That sounds like he bred. What I do is put them together for a week. I'll post some pics of my baby rabbits tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom