Rabid Duck????

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
okie so I've heard that muscovys hiss....

Well I went out to my pen today and my big male muscovy that a lady dropped off here last saturday was Eating a BIRD!!! How the bird got in there.. I dont know.. How he managed to catch it.. I dont know.. He's a really sweet duck, he loves to follow me around and be petted.... but what really freaked me out even more is when I tried to take it away from him he GROWLED at me. No am I am not crazy he literally made a grrr noisy to me and glared at me. Lets just say he got to keep his bird...

Can ducks get rabies..?
hide.gif

Quote:
Like dunking toast in hot chocolate.
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
You're killin' me Terrie!

Well most ducks aren't to well equiped to kill anything that they can't crush in their bill so they learn to drown them. waterfowl can strike very fast with their bill and their nostrils are up close to their heads so they can hold things under while the duck can still breath. I kept wondering why I was finding mice dead in my goose water bucket till one day a mouse tried to eat out of the goose feed while the goose was standing there. Strike, run to the water bucket, dunk, if the mouse was still moving when he came up, down he goes again. The geese used to leave them there but you would be suprized at what a duck can and will eat.(includes chicks and ducklings)

Back
Top Bottom