Raccoon atack: survivor ingered badly

I just read that the purple comb can be caused by stress, which would make sense because it did go through a pretty traumatic experience. Is this correct?

Purple on the comb usually means a lack of oxygen, she could of had her lungs bruised a bit in the attack, I wouldn't worry if she's so active, nice to hear things are going so well, keep us updated.

She could get up to it but her foot is not working either, so she won't be able to grip it. Thank you though. I will look into avian vets in my area and see about prices... I here they are pretty expensive. I will put that nesting box on the ground and have it sleep in there I guess. Thank you again!

good foot doesn't work either? Poor thing. Yes, I'd put her in a crate with bedding, food/water in the hen house if you want to keep her near everyone but protected

That is what I have been doing. Her sister sits next to the crate some of the time. So sweet! Only her bad foot dose not work, the one on the other leg is fine. but I don't think that she an perch with one foot.

good foot doesn't work either? Poor thing. Yes, I'd put her in a crate with bedding, food/water in the hen house if you want to keep her near everyone but protected
Thanks!

Breaking News!

Today I took her out of the coop and she and I sat on the patio together. She hopped a few times to get closer to me, but no more then usual. She slept most of the time. I put her back in the coop outside with the others. Her sister ran over to see her and I guess something clicked because she stood up and ran in a circle! (But she only used her good foot.) She rested a moment then ran around the yard looking so happy. (It was technically a fast hop, I guess, but still.) She then followed the others into to the coop and ran up the ladder! I am blown away by her recovery. Thank so much to everyone that has helped my little girl recover! She does not seem to have any pain caused by her paralyzed foot (if I pinch her toe she dose not move it or the leg) anymore and her wound is healing very nicely with no infection.

Thanks again!

Great to hear, she might continue to improve as deep tissue continues to heal over the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom