Poor thing!
Is she able to open the eye at all?
General care for the eye would be to flush with saline and apply an eye ointment like Terramycin. You can also use plain Neosporin in the eye as well.

The head wound, does that seem like it's closing up? No foul odors right? I would also use Neosporin on that.

You do mention she's drinking on her own, is she eating too?

she is now able to open her eye. i’m not very concerned about the eye since it’s doing so well. her head does not smell bad, i’ve been checking. i will start using neosporin on her head now. she is drinking on her own, and she is eating watermelon and her pellet feed.

she is now able to open her eye. i’m not very concerned about the eye since it’s doing so well. her head does not smell bad, i’ve been checking. i will start using neosporin on her head now. she is drinking on her own, and she is eating watermelon and her pellet feed.

You're doing what you can, chickens heal well barring infection, but it does take some time.
Keep us posted.

You're doing what you can, chickens heal well barring infection, but it does take some time.
Keep us posted.

i will. is this ointment what i should be using? thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 3
No. You want just plain triple antibiotic ointment. This one has "pain relief" which is Promoxine (pramocaine). If you already used it 1-2 times, it should be o.k. but I would stop using it and get the "plain" instead.

okay i haven’t used it yet so i’ll check if i even have plain. thanks

No. You want just plain triple antibiotic ointment. This one has "pain relief" which is Promoxine (pramocaine). If you already used it 1-2 times, it should be o.k. but I would stop using it and get the "plain" instead.

okay so i don’t have plain. should i buy plain or go ahead and get terramycin? thank you so much for all the help

That contains pramoxine hydrochloride, not a caine based pain reliever outright but more buffered.
It is the safest if plain isn't an option.
Not being a smarty or anything it just gets grouped in sometimes.
That proctofoam I use for god awful prolapses has it in it since it works so well it is a necessary evil. :)

Last edited:
To clarify, you are getting neosporin/triple antibiotic ointment without painkiller for the head/other body injuries, and Terramycin opthalmic ointment for the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom