Raccoon attack - help asap please

Yeah, she has had a very traumatic event. You being there is perfect- she'll need you a lot for a little bit. Keep monitoring her for signs of trouble. Sounds like you have got this.
My hen got chewed- literally chewed by my aunties dog. She was a mess, in shock, pain etc... I think I was worse, so much emotion. I got on BYC and had folks walk me through till my brain could kick in. I was worried about the severity, I had never seen such a mauling. But my little hen did great. I kept her quiet and safe and coated with Neosporin and she did the healing.
After a few days or week or so when your girl is a little stronger it will be ok to let her be close to her flock. A look but don't touch. She will need their company too and some normalcy. That way when you reintro it will be natural and not having her completely isolated while she recovers will help hers (and your) heart heal.

My mauled hen recovered perfectly and started laying in about 3 weeks even though her underside had experienced damage along with her back, and she was 3yo. Chickens are incredible. ♡♡
20210813_071455~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom