Raccoon Broad Daylight

If I have a predator endangering/killing my birds, I will eliminate it. There are plenty more out there to takes its place. I eliminated a couple of fox among others and there is always another one that ususally eventually shows up on one of the game cameras. A wildlife officer told me once that if a predator is endangering my livestock I have the right to eliminate it.

It's fairly common for raccoons to be out during the day. Especially females with babies.

You absolutely have the right to kill an animal that is endangering your livestock. It wouldn't hurt to have a predator proof run as well though. Like others said, another predator will eventually take its place. Easier to be proactive than reactive.
I have a run that's fully enclosed with hardware cloth, which sits inside an "open" run like yours. I like that they can safely be outside if I'm not home, or if we've had predator sightings.

Do you have a dog? They make it much more difficult for predators to sneak around during the day. My dog would gladly kill my chickens (hence the fenced open run instead of free ranging), but she's also very happy to chase any other animals who get too close.

You won't find the momma's den. Even if you do it's most likely gonna be high up and hard for a human to get to. Right now her little ones should be big enough you might find them in a few days out trying to track her down.

It's fairly common for raccoons to be out during the day. Especially females with babies.

You absolutely have the right to kill an animal that is endangering your livestock. It wouldn't hurt to have a predator proof run as well though. Like others said, another predator will eventually take its place. Easier to be proactive than reactive.
I have a run that's fully enclosed with hardware cloth, which sits inside an "open" run like yours. I like that they can safely be outside if I'm not home, or if we've had predator sightings.

Do you have a dog? They make it much more difficult for predators to sneak around during the day. My dog would gladly kill my chickens (hence the fenced open run instead of free ranging), but she's also very happy to chase any other animals who get too close.
Their barn is full enclosed, we call it the penitentiary lol! It’s fully secured. their run is enclosed but doesn’t have a top to it so they can’t free range but have lots of outdoor space within the run.
We have Yorkshire terriers...😂. They would get eaten as well. Thanks for your advice

raccoons....which aren't even pets, etc.

he he he, speak for yourself
PREeACKm.jpg

meet Raven and Sally

Yeah they were about 1 in that pic. They each weigh about 15-20 lbs and are a handful now. Almost knock ya over when they run up and jump on ya. My son spoiled them and they think they have to ride around on your shoulder now.

But yeah they aint allowed around the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom