Raccoon Caught Red handed

What size was the opening that the raccoon squeezed into? Just curious. We have lots of raccoons here and I'm moving my hens into a barns stall that's pretty well fortified but I'll want to check all the crooks and crevices, especially after reading your story.

Good kill in my book. Never invite the government into your affairs when taking care of pests. Nuff said.

Give the dogs a scratch behind the ears and a pat on the butt, and move on.

Dogs are current with shots, neither one of them got bit, also they drop stuff in the woods that has the rabie vaccine on it. Not sure exactly what its called but the wild critters eat this stuff that's suppose to protect them as well .not sure how reliable it is though. I think the worst part for this raccoon is there was 4 bowls of cats food away from my coop that she could have gotten her winter fluffy from....

Last year the coons killed 50 of my chickens. Bit the heads right off, it was a horrible site dead headless bodies everywhere so this year we decide to tighten up on the coop. thought we did a good job until last night..now will recheck ever single crack and hole. Why can't they just mind there own business?

Last edited:
Kickin' Chickin' :

Good dogs!!!Just be sure to check them for ticks. My Punkin got a couple racoons last week and ended up with a tick just above her eye.

thank you that reminds me to get the frontline spray out.hahaha​

Good dogs! Might double check with your vet though- odds are the raccoon was NOT ill because it was behaving in a foraging/hunting fashion but the vet may want to give the dogs another rabies vaccine just in case. There have been several rabies cases locally in the past couple of years and the local vets like to give a booster shot to any dog which has tangled with a potential carrier, even if their shots are up to date. My dad's rat terrier Minnie Pearl took on a coon at the barn a couple or years ago and they gave her a booster shot along with patching up her wounds.

Quote:
Well if the government want to get involved thats fine then they better catch these things and get them the hell away from chickens and they need to start taken care of there wild creature. Lol

Quote:
I probably would have to use a pound of meat for the mastiff, he's only 200 pounds or rather the wanna be mastiff.
Milo Lol.

Back
Top Bottom