Raccoon dug under electric poultry netting

wow I am surprised the coon dug under it and not get shocked. I use single strand poly tape for 1.5 acres sweet corn. 4 inch or so off ground, I do use a high mile fencer which has higher joule output, dont have coon problems.

Wonder if maybe the joule output is not strong enough to deter the coon or bottom is not electric?

wow I am surprised the coon dug under it and not get shocked. I use single strand poly tape for 1.5 acres sweet corn. 4 inch or so off ground, I do use a high mile fencer which has higher joule output, dont have coon problems.

Wonder if maybe the joule output is not strong enough to deter the coon or bottom is not electric?
The very bottom strand is not charged as it sits on the ground, and the whole fence has a bit of a sag to it. So once this storm passes, I’m adding additional supports to remove the sag, and then pinning the bottom strand to the ground with 24’ stakes so it can’t be flipped up as easily.

The very bottom strand is not charged as it sits on the ground, and the whole fence has a bit of a sag to it. So once this storm passes, I’m adding additional supports to remove the sag, and then pinning the bottom strand to the ground with 24’ stakes so it can’t be flipped up as easily.
Thats good fix the problem, than you dont have to worry so much. Good Luck

We ordered some Duke traps we’re baiting with marshmallows and some canned cat food around the rim, and I bought some heavy duty stakes to secure the bottom of the fence. I’m picking up some additional poles as well, as I believe the fence sag is reducing the fence charge due to grounding. We’re going to trap and dispatch, and I’m hoping the fence improvements will be more of a deterrent as well - hard to avoid a zap without the slack in the fence!

I’ll see how this does, I’ve also kept all the chickens in their secure coop run until all this can be done so the raccoons don’t find easy pickings when they come by.

Check out trapping Bobcats on YouTube. They are not to hard to trap, you should order some lure for Bobcats from a trapping supplier.

Check out trapping Bobcats on YouTube. They are not to hard to trap, you should order some lure for Bobcats from a trapping supplier.
Weirdly, I’ve had no issues with the bobcats around here. I’ve only ever seen two. The raccoons however are a menace.

Back
Top Bottom