Raccoon

Kelsykin

Formal Chicken
13 Years
Oct 10, 2009
USA
Last night as the trash was being put out a raccoon was found to have one of the ducks. It gave up the duck and gave chase to another one. Hubby shot it twice. Killing it with the first shot and making sure with the second. The duck that the raccoon originally had died. The other duck we had to get back with the rest.

Now hubby is going to get more fencing to confine the ducks. He is also going to add a bit more security to the area the ducks like to be. The worse part is the duck that was killed was sitting on the nest she had made with our other females. She was sitting on the eggs just outside the kitchen door.

Quote:
He is a dead good shot. Considering the raccoon was inches from the front of my van. If it had been me I may have gotten the coon, but the van would have been dead also. I am much better with a machete. Use to take out the opossums and raccoon there with the machete. Then bag the carcass and let animal control know what I did.

Quote:
He is a dead good shot. Considering the raccoon was inches from the front of my van. If it had been me I may have gotten the coon, but the van would have been dead also. I am much better with a machete. Use to take out the opossums and raccoon there with the machete. Then bag the carcass and let animal control know what I did.

hide.gif
machete?

long wide blade similar to a sword. If you watch any movies where they are going through the jungle or heavy underbrush and you see the guy in front chopping away. He is most likely using a machete.

sorry for your loss, but at least you got the coon. I've killed 3 raccoons and 2 Opossums in the past week. I'm thinking about put up fence and electric fence after snow melt

The husband wants to put up and electric fence. It is not in the budget for this year. I told him if I hit the lottery then we can talk electric fence, but only when we actually own a place of our own and are not renting.

Most of them carried rabies and I killed any I found. Since the dog was a hunting dog he often found them in the back yard. I either used the machete (very sharp blade) or a Louisville slugger. Machete worked best for the opossums. Louisville did wonders to raccoons. Neighbors noticed that pets went missing a great deal less while I was living there.

Back
Top Bottom