Raccoons won't go in trap!!!

Quote:
That's a great idea....I would have never thought of that.

So if I actually scared the other 2 away, am I attracting more raccoons by keeping the trap out with bait? I suppose the raccoons look at my coop as bait anyway.

try peanutbutter and vanilla. seems to work pretty good. have you thought of maybe letting some local coonhunters take care of the raccoon problem??? I'm sure if their are any in the area they would be more than happy to hunt them or even take the trapped ones off your hands for you. As for the disease, we call it " coondog parallisys" (sp) around here. Pretty bad stuff. I wouldnt let your pets come in contact with the raccoon if possible. and you're probably going to need something a little stronger than a pellet rifle if you want to kill it. a .22 LR is what we use to shoot em out when the season is in. Hope this helps!

Good luck getting rid of your raccoons.

We hunt in some woods and have a game camera set up. There are tons of coons on the game camera. I have A trap set up out there. And bait them with eggs, peanut butter, dog food and bacon grease mixed to gather.

I was walking through the woods one time close to the coop and there was a raccoon so I ran in the house and got my pellet rifle. It killed him but it was at really close range.

a .22 LR is what we use to shoot em out when the season is in.

Even tough I did kill him with a pellet rifle. A 22. LR or a shot gun would be better.​

Did you ever catch the critter???
lol.png

Like I have said a number of times in here, Tuna in juice- add the can and all, just zip the lid off - that is a sure 98% successful catch.
For Cats, use sardines, just lift the lid off and set it in the trap.

If you have a trap with two ends of entrance, lock down the one where you set the bait. Be sure to secure the trap, rock, cement block on the top of the trap.
Coons have a habit of flipping the traps over and that is when the locks can slip.

Also when trapping coons, cats etc, keep in mind that you may want to put boards up about 1 1/2 feet, I used that cheap white garden wire people put up around their flower beds...This keeps the skunks out as they love a free dinner also.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom