Racoon AGAIN....grrrrrrrrr

We just got two coons in two days with traps. We borrowed them. If you ask around, I'm sure someone will have one kicking around. We had two leg holds, a snare and a conibear (sp?) all set up at the same time.

I would hang something that the cats might be frightened of. Maybe a plastic grocery bag. That won't stop a racoon but it may scare the cats enough that they won't go near the traps.

Just talked with my neighbor WAY in the back who lost all his Buff Orps to racoons last year. He has since built a chicken house and purchased more. He has a Hav-a-Hart set up all the time but hasn't caught anything in it....said I could maybe borrow it.

Will try one or two more nights with the 20 g. pump. Then I may try the trap with marshmallows but still think my curious cats will end up in it. Last night I fell asleep.

If you have a catch and release trap set it out. If you catch one of your cats you can let it out the next morning (no harm done), and if you catch a racoon in it you can let it out the next morning (with a very big hole where it's head used to be)
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom