Racoons?

The window in my coop broke out. I trap quite a few coons and wonder if they can climb 4 feet to get in the window? What do you think? I've been putting up cardboard but it came down today and think I'm too tired to put it back up. Besides its getting too late to get help. Barbara
Yes, racoons can climb 4'.
I would get some 1/2" hardware cloth and some screws and washers or poultry staples and secure the window tomorrow.
Hopefully, nothing will find your flock tonight.

That video of a raccoon climbing that building was really something! I wonder what made him start up and kept him going. Hmmnn...
I have and inner area where I put them for tonite so they will be safe.
I'll have to put then in there every nite until I figure out what to do about the window.
Its part of a garage door which is falling apart and I'm trying to decide if its worth fixing or justify replacing. Than for all your help. Barbara

I would be making sure there was no place a racoon can get through, a friend had one we had to use a wolf trap to catch because was outsmarting the trap big enough for a coyote, and you'd be surprised how high they can climb or how such a big animal fit through such a tiny hole

Raccoons can climb.
STC_0068 (1).JPG
They may work in pairs.
Both my first coop and my newest coop have ventilation and windows covered with hardware cloth. 1/2 inch over windows and 1/4 inch over small vents near roof.
20181104_151017.jpg

I secured with screws and washers. GC

Its part of a garage door which is falling apart and I'm trying to decide if its worth fixing or justify replacing.

If you have a habitat store near you, you might be able to replace it fairly cheap. I think one with a 1/2 window is $50, around me.

Back
Top Bottom