radios

sab

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Ripley, WV
I've ran across posts that mention playing radios and that somehow that is effective in keeping varmints at bay.... true or false?? Talk radio or music?? Do wild animals really heed that mono sounding talk/music?? Just curious if I should build into my new coop a sound system....
Thanks!!

I would think a motion-activated dog's bark or lion's roar would be more effective than talk radio. Although some of those shows might make predators die from induced stupidity.
roll.png

Radios work for a short time but varmints such as coyotes and foxes will acclimate over the course of days. Does not work at all on oppossums.

Overall, I found to be ineffective. Brother says they are effective in horse stalls with racoons.

I have been using a radio on a talk show for years. Talk shows works better for me because most critters shy form a human voice. Music doen's have any affect on them. If I had only one form of predator protection, this would be it.

So my problem is that I've discovered a raccoon eating the peanuts in the squirrel feeder last night. Sounds like talk radio might work against coons...????

Years ago we'd put a radio out to keep the coons out of the garden. But after time, they figured it out.

Owls it might work against. Same critters will attack radio if proper recording (squawling rabbit) played so they pay attention to radio in a manner other varmints probably do not. As pesky as owls can be, lots of measures appear work on them. I think it is because of their reduced brain power and reliance upon hearing.

Quote:
Many years ago in Colorado, we used a tape recording of a "squawking rabbit" to CALL IN coyotes when the pelts were bringing high prices. They would come in VERY CLOSE from a long way off.

Some of those "Talk-Show Hosts" sound like "squawking rabbits" to me.......so you might want to reconsider using those particular programs......especially if they are "Far-Left" OR "Far-Right".

Ha-Ha !!!
wink.png
smile.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom