Radishes

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
So I saw on the chart that chickens like radish greens but do they like the radishes themselves? We grew them in the garden and noone likes them lol I am so excited for the garden goodies for the chickens. Going to hatvest some fresh spinnach tomorrow morning
smile.png

My chickens do love radish greens, but don't seem to care for the root. They usually leave that part behind. They do, however, love to eat the roots of both beets and carrots.

Thanks
smile.png
maybe ill gove them a couple and see what they do....they have become quite picky lately...tried to give them a little bread today and they turned up their noses at it. Grass clippings....nope wanted nothing to do with it. Chopped up a hot dog and OMG they went mental!

yeah..dont wanna go there...we tried growing them, hubby loves them...chickens devistated them...gone...need to replant

It depends on the chicken, but most prefer the greens. I have some radishes planted in the garden but my hens haven't touched them at all. But be warned, if your chickens can get into your vegetable patch, they love pea plants. I had to make a fence around each of mine :L xD

Quote:
Even more than that, they love to dust bathe in there and scratch around under the plants, both of which = dead plants. Fence the garden and you'll be happiest lol.

Quote:
In my experience, chickens won't eat radishes. Or potatoes unless you cook them. Your birds must get the best of the best! Mine think bread and grass clippings are real treats! But then I don't think I have ever given them a hot dog . . .

Back
Top Bottom