Rain !!!!! Whoo Hoo

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pirtykitty, Oct 9, 2011.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Just checked the rain gauge , we received 5 1/4 inches from 2 am this morning to around lunch time today.. Fantastic !!!! this should bring my potatoes up and really kick the tomatoes into gear..

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I am in California and saw this storm on the news this AM and was thanking God on your behalf! Awesome! [​IMG]

3. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:I need to get a new rain gauge. We had a ton of rain over here in Erath County. I just kept looking out the window thinking "wow it's still raining". But wouldn't you know that initial thunder storm hit just as I stepped into the shower. Needless to say I took a quick shower. We won't need to water the garden for a couple of days. This will really help the bell peppers. We got them through the heat just barely and now we will have a good crop. YAY!!!

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Rain here also! Not heavy, but we are thankful to get it.

5. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    So glad for you! I was really bummed when we didn't get any rain on Wednesday. The forecast was for 90% chance of rain. Apparently they looked out the wrong window. (edited for typo's. I just can't seem to type today!)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

You say "rain" like it's a rare thing. [​IMG]

We are expecting a rain break sometime next June. [​IMG]

Impy- Congratulations, hope you get all you need and want. [​IMG]

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    We got good rain today, too. First time in a year. Just in time for my town. One of the pumps that moves drinking water from one lake to another has broken down, and it will be about 2 weeks before they can fix it. Mandatory watering restrictions now are in effect...no outdoor watering at all. I'm hoping that it was enough to feed the lakes and creeks at least a little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by