Raining from Seattle....!

redfeather

Songster
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Well, I couldn't say "hailing". It rains a lot more than it hails or "suns" around here!

Anyways, I just signed up yesterday do to the advent of me hatching my first batch of chicks from my birds. Nine out of nine eggs that were brooded hatched! (er, actually 7 of them hatched, the other two pipped and gave up, so I helped them....). Thankfully though even the assisted chicks are doing great and I can't tell them apart from the other chicks anymore (except they are more trusting and cuddly and enjoy having their heads rubbed).

I am amazed after doing some reading that I got the whole hatch! I harrassed that mother hen nearly every day checking on those eggs! I heard you can harm them by putting them down the wrong way in the last few days!
hit.gif

Anyways, I guess I should tell you about mehself... I am 19, still living at home and attending the community college about 40 miles north of Seattle. I have a variety of interests, most of them centered around gardening (both indoor and outdoor... mostly indoor, I LOVE my houseplants) and my animals... I have three shih tzu a yorkie and two mutts, a cockatiel, a senegal parrot, a sun conure, a peachfaced lovebird and five budgerigars. I also have two firebellied toads, two holland lop rabbits and two aquariums filled with angelfish, silver dollars, cardinal, glowline and rummynose tetras and pearl and gold gourami. Then of course we have the chickens, 11 buff orpingtons, that is, ten hens and one roo named Big Red... sadly enough non of the hens have names as I can't tell them apart except for the odd one with a bald patch who I'd rather not become attached to. Oh, and last but not leastly, I have four brothers and one sister. My non-animal-plant interests include things like jewelry making, pottery, reading, writing, crochet and photography.

Erm... so... that's it... just thought I would post something in the introductory forum!

woot.gif

welcome-byc.gif

I'm from Washington as well! Kitsap County is where I live! Sorry it's raining! It's sunny here but I'm sure the rain is headed my way!
rant.gif

But welcome!
frow.gif
I'm sure you will have fun here! I joined just a few days ago and I'm on here all the time!

Thanks everybody!

Heartlandrabbitry.... I thought the ribbons on your rabbit looked kinda familliar... ( I used to exhibit dogs at Silvana, Stanwood Camano Island, Evergreen State and Puyallup fairs, so I walked around the rabbits and chickens a lot when I was bored... haha 12 hour dog days..).

A warm welcome from an imp in Renton

Chech out the Washingtonians thread in the Where are you forum. Lots of nice people on there.

Sounds like you have your hands full.

Imp

RedRooster- I will be attending Everett Community College again in the spring.
smile.png

Imp -- boy do I ever, but I love it!

Back
Top Bottom