Rainy Day Recipes

LBejaran

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Deep South Texas
It's been so wet down here in the Valley. We made it through Hurricane season with no rain and now it's been perpetually cloudy.

I'm feeling a little nostalgic (rain makes me that way), so I was wondering, does if anyone has any rainy day recipes? I was thinking of making fideo (like Grandma used to make when she was alive)!

Any ideas?

Of course, I had to google fideo, and found this recipe

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (8 ounce) package fideo pasta
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 1/2 cups water
Directions:
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the fideo, and fry until browned. Pour in half of the can of tomato sauce, and 1 cup of the water. Season with cumin, garlic salt and chili powder, and stir to blend. Bring to a boil, and cook until the liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in the remaining tomato sauce and water. Cover, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the fideo is tender, and the sauce has thickened.

Is this similar to what you're talking about?

Oh, I know how to make fideo! I think I wasn't clear, haha! Fideo is a staple around here that we make with chicken and lots of onion and tomatoes (with the vermicelli noodles, of course). It's great. Grandma was a pro at making it.

I was looking for different recipes, though. I like making fideo, but I kinda feel like making something else. I can never get it quite like Grandma could. :)

Back
Top Bottom