Raising a single duckling, No Longer Alone **MORE Pics Added!**

Thanks for the info! It looks to me like she is getting better, I didn't think it would be that fast! You can hardly notice it now, only when she is focused on doing something. She is walking and swimming straight, so that's good.

Here are a few pics I took a little while ago of her and her new brother!

Here is the new fella! He is a love bug!
SDC10515.jpg

Here they are playing with my daughter! He is the one in the front, little miss is behind!
SDC10522.jpg

Here they are in their first bath!
SDC10535.jpg

(Him)
SDC10538.jpg

She is the one standing up
SDC10540.jpg

SDC10544.jpg

The after bath!
SDC10546.jpg

**I have raised ducks many times before and am aware of the water logging danger as well as keeping the warm after swimming**

Thanks! I will definitely keep yuor advice in mind just in case it goes wrong again.I just love to see them cuddle! They peep to each other and cuddle in...sooo cute!

I think the one may be a boy because "he" is much bigger than her and has big thick legs compared to hers. I say she because I am assuming ...
tongue.png

:)first I have to admit I have been a lurker, learning a lot about chickens and geese.
years ago when my now 13yr old dd was about 3yrs old we stopped at a local feed store. they had the usual assortment of chicks and ducklings. there was one little duck with what looked like a broken leg, it bent the wrong way, they were going to do away with him also, as no one wants a gimpy duck, I brought him home and kept him in a cardboard box for about 2 wks. just kept messing with his leg, and you know it must have just been dislocated bc one day it just popped into place and he was fine. followed my dd everywhere. swam with her in the pool and would not let anyone near her. sadly we had to give him away, but he went to a very good home with other ducks and two huge ponds. my dd called him beepers and she still will not let me forget about him!

Awwww! Adorable!

They look EXACTLY like my Rufus when he was little!

Rufus now looks like this: (hes the big white duck, not the brown one. The brown one is his sister Toni)

rufustoni.jpg

Back
Top Bottom