Raising and caring for ducklings

Pics
I think it's natural for ducks to fear or rather avoid humans, I have raised a lot of babies and they depend on me UP until they go outside, then it's a NEW ball game. They act as though I'm the enemy even though they know I'm the provider.

HUM perhaps they are angry with me because they are no longer in a nice warm comfy house. LOL

I think it's natural for ducks to fear or rather avoid humans, I have raised a lot of babies and they depend on me UP until they go outside, then it's a NEW ball game. They act as though I'm the enemy even though they know I'm the provider.

HUM perhaps they are angry with me because they are no longer in a nice warm comfy house. LOL
That's most likely it, no more hot tub and snuggly nice place to sleep.

Thanks, I did find Nugget a home..he goes there on Friday. Its local and a friend of mine, so I'll be able to go see him. He's going to have his own pen and small pool until he's grown. Then he has his own pond! But thank you all for all the advice you've given me within the past 2 weeks. I'll post pics as Nuget gets older!

Thanks, I did find Nugget a home..he goes there on Friday. Its local and a friend of mine, so I'll be able to go see him. He's going to have his own pen and small pool until he's grown. Then he has his own pond! But thank you all for all the advice you've given me within the past 2 weeks. I'll post pics as Nuget gets older!
Well he have a Friend to go with him????

I'm not sure whats wrong with Ozzie. He is very weak not active at all. He also has a little blister on his beak not sure if the two are related or not but I love him and hope someone can help.
HUMMM. you got me a little puzzled on that one. Does he drink at all? is the blister hard or soft? try giving him some vitamins to perk him up a bit. Put some Vitamin B complete or Poultry drench in his water.

Does he feel kind of boney? Is he eating? Does he feel warm like he's got a fever? what does his feet look like? any blisters any where's else? try to check the inside of his mouth see if there's any blisters in there or any kind of swelling going on.. Check for mites or lice. Look him over really good see if you can find any other symptoms..

Back
Top Bottom