Raising Baby Chick-Along

Pics
Yesterday's coop pictures: 20170819_193224.jpg
20170819_193236.jpg

Got lots done today, made the back door and painted it. Installed boards to fill in the gap along the roof line after painting them. Cut a hole and installed a vent. Started on the divider. Finished cutting the flooring, cut and painted the trim boards for the floor and installed about half. Still plenty of work to be done tomorrow.

Thanks, I think there are silkies, Frizzled OE, and a whole bunch of chicks that I hatched from the last auction I won. There were CCL, Maran, Leghorn and several others.
Awesome! Great variety!
So, is your SB pullet laying bigger eggs yet? We are still in bantam mode here, although another of my SBs started laying a couple weeks ago and they're already "large" - so interesting! Is there a "small egg gene"? Lol :)
I am really hoping that by October/November I can do a breeding pen for them. I find that they are one of my favorite breeds - super easy going and fairly friendly. I got a shipment from GFF and some were odd, but there are a number of keepers too.

Got lots done today, made the back door and painted it. Installed boards to fill in the gap along the roof line after painting them. Cut a hole and installed a vent. Started on the divider. Finished cutting the flooring, cut and painted the trim boards for the floor and installed about half. Still plenty of work to be done tomorrow.
.Including your flight to California to help friend Kathy (Orrpeople) build her coop... (okay, I can dream, can't I?)

How many did you do? And what are you going to eat first?

Those lazy butts could have at least swatted flies for ya. :rolleyes:
Yep. Fly patrol would have been so handy!
I think we only did 30+ yesterday - all just culls. I am super curious to eat a Bielefelder - but I think we are going to do a "blind" taste test with our friends Bresse, the Bielefelders, and a Cornish Cross, just to see if our chicken connoisseur palettes can discern a difference! :)

.Including your flight to California to help friend Kathy (Orrpeople) build her coop... (okay, I can dream, can't I?)
Sorry, too many irons in the fire here. After the coop and runs, i am going to build a goat and guinea shed. But it would be fun to help someone build a coop.
I need to sell my Siamese kittens! 20170804_105039.jpg

Sorry, too many irons in the fire here. After the coop and runs, i am going to build a goat and guinea shed. But it would be fun to help someone build a coop.
I need to sell my Siamese kittens! View attachment 1116693
I am a huge fan of the "many hands make light work" Amish work ethic! There are a couple of families with whom we are friends that are of the same mindset, so when we get together, fences get built, roofing goes on, chickens get processed, and big plates of food get devoured after!! :)
Aww - cute kitties! I hope you find good homes for them!

Back
Top Bottom