Raising Baby Chick-Along

20171004_134345.jpg I did get the low spot filled in with dirt, and secured the one spot that was open near the top with welded wire. Dug 10 feet of trench, only 40 more feet to dig, Phew! The ground is hard and dry. Got one perch up. Some of my babies were out in the run today, only 8 of 24. I may get them out there tomorrow to clean out the coop.

So I have 10 five month old chicks. 2 were injured by a predator from our first coop. We rebuild and made a med bay. They are healed but love there lil home. 8 live in our newest coop.
8 of their brooder mates are with my dad in another city. He wanted 8 more. Me too.
16 are in a brooder. :oops:
HE MESSAGES THAT HIS NEIGHBOR IS ANGRY ABOUT HEARING EGG SONG AT HIS NAP TIME. :he:tongue:mad:

If this becomes a problem. All his chickens will end up moving here. We will build a small barn. He will bring supplies up in exchange for food and care. I thought 16-18 was a little nutz. Now I might end up with 34. That is a lot of chx dung:sick:th

So I have 10 five month old chicks. 2 were injured by a predator from our first coop. We rebuild and made a med bay. They are healed but love there lil home. 8 live in our newest coop.
8 of their brooder mates are with my dad in another city. He wanted 8 more. Me too.
HE MESSAGES THAT HIS NEIGHBOR IS ANGRY ABOUT HEARING EGG SONG AT HIS NAP TIME. :he:tongue:mad:

If this becomes a problem. All his chickens will end up moving here. We will build a small barn. He will bring supplies up in exchange for food and care. I thought 16-18 was a little nutz. Now I might end up with 34. That is a lot of chx dung:sick:th
You could always sell some.

Thinking about it. 34 is a bit nutz. For a semi beginner
Its just chicken math. You will eventually get there, and beyond! To where you have never ventured before, Chicken Mania. It is inevitable. Just go with the flow. I had 200 at one point in TN. 20 Chicken coops. Yup, all separate breeds. Way fun.

Hope you have a BIG compost pile!

Back
Top Bottom