Raising Blue Slate Turkeys & Blue Swedish Ducklings together

Kiowa_farmgirl

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Colorado
I'm not new to raising poultry or ducklings but I am new to turkeys. I'm getting 4 Blue Slate turkeys and 3 Blue Swedish Ducklings and wondering if its ok to raise them in the same brooder together? They will be eating the same MANNA PRO GAMEBIRD/SHOWBIRD starter , which I've read as a nice top quality feed.

So any advice , concerns , problems , etc? Let me know. They are coming home on the 20th.
big_smile.png

Hey, are you in Kiowa Colorado? I'm in Kiowa. Anyway, I've got a turkey poult in with three ducks and three geese right now and he's doing very, very well with them. They've reminded him about where the food and water is so he's eating well and I always wet down the food for ducks and he likes the wet food too so it's all working out great.

Thanks guys for the advice. Yes , I'm in Kiowa , CO.
big_smile.png
I'm getting them from the Kiowa Country Store/Feed. The chicks I got this year from them were the best I've seen , didn't loose one and the staff are always friendly & helpful.

I will certainly keep the turkey's out of the water when I introduce the ducks to water. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom