raising bobwhite

For Housing They Need Totally Enclosed Pen Of Sufficient Size, The Smallest Wire Possible Is Always A Good Idea. They Do Better Housed Up Off The Ground On Wire (less Disease And Parasites) They Should Not Be In Contact With Other Poultry. They Require A Good Formulated Gamebird Feed. For Bobs Anything 26% And Up After Maturity Well Yeild Good Results. They Are Very Cold Tolerant Provided They Have A Decent Wind Break Or Someplace To Go To Get A Break From The Weather. Bob Whites As With Most New World Quail Speces Are True Gamebirds And As Of Yet Still Retain Their Wild Instincts. They Are Very Spastic, Flighty, And Quite Nasty To Their Own Kind. A Wonder Bird But Challenging Until You Get Used To Them

JJmr794 , just gave you most the info you need, add with the bob chicks , make sure waterer is small enought chicks can't get in it and drown.(they make ones for quail) I place feed on something shiny toget them eating. If you give them lots of room ,less fighting.

I like the bobs , lot better than the corturnix. they also come in lots of colors and type......i think they taste better too. Depend on what you want, eggs corturnix are the best....meat or looks I think bobs are the best(IMO) pet corturnix or button.

EDIT TO ADD.....corturnix do get to butcher weight faster, myself i still like tate of bobs better.

Last edited:
Quote:
Just size......

ETA, Sorry, miss read your post, as I under stand it GG bobs are about twice the size of northerns...

Last edited:
Quote:
Bobs come in a few sizes...the nortern are normal size , are the ones raised for release (for hunting). Bulters, jumbo, georgia giaint , are larger for meat. Other like the tenn. red , mexican speckle , whites, snowflakes, silvers and etc about size of northern.

Back
Top Bottom