Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

Pics
Wow, good news for you Blooie. So happy for the both of you.
Interesting that you have had stints in your legs. I take it you've had clots?
Richard was in the hospital a couple of yrs. ago with all sorts of infection going on here and there. He complained to me that his foot was swollen too once in the hospital..it was. Then the next day, over the phone, he says, mom, my whole leg is swollen now. I ask if the nurse or any nurse had seen it..dr. maybe? He says no..I ask to speak to the nurse. The nurse says, wait, I'll go take a look. He comes back on, and says, I will let the dr. know right away. Poor Richard, had to go have a clot busted while awake, because he had just eaten. Of course, the ultra sound first. There was a clot from his knee all the way up to the top of his thigh. He says, mom, that hurt. I'll bet. They kept apologizing having to do it while he was awake. They drugged him the best they could, but he could still feel it pretty good, even though he is pretty much paralyzed in the legs, he has that sensitive feeling, but deep feeling is better than the top..if that makes sense. So, he has a stint from his knee all the way up to his thigh. Sitting in a wheelchair all day, can do it..of course.
So glad you don't have to have anything done soon. Let's hope you stay good! I believe in the power of prayer. And with all of the prayers going out for you from just this thread alone, you are good.
smile.png

Oh, and I know that ..pop feeling that your daughter is feeling when cathing. That's the trick, get past that spot, then it seems to pop, even in boys.
wink.png

My Richard is 35 years old today. Hung out with his brother and sister in law at the mall.

13876464_10209075886447487_2896657740154372002_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes for Richard. He has now passed the life expectancy given to me ..or should say up to it. When he was born in the 80's, I was told that these babies usually live... ahem...well into their 30's. Now, I'm seeing that there are many passing this and getting into their 50's!

Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes for Richard. He has now passed the life expectancy given to me ..or should say up to it. When he was born in the 80's, I was told that these babies usually live... ahem...well into their 30's. Now, I'm seeing that there are many passing this and getting into their 50's!

thumbsup.gif

Oh, that goofy boy didn't do anything the way he was supposed to, thank God!

Didn't he know he was supposed to whine about his lot in life?

Didn't he understand that he was supposed to sit on the sidelines in his chair watching life go by him right outside the window?

Didn't he hear that he was supposed to be "stuck" in that wheelchair his entire life, and that his life wasn't going to be a long one anyway?

Did he miss the memo that says he's supposed to live at home with Mommy and Daddy, then go to live with a relative or in a convalescent home for the rest of his days if he outlived his parents?

How could he ignore the fact that he wasn't supposed to live on his own, have a full and rewarding lifestyle, be busy and active and happy, and get into mischief from time to time?

What gave him the warped idea that his God-given purpose in life was to make others happy, to do what he could to help friends succeed, to find his niche in life and decorate it the way he wanted it? Didn't he know that it was the job of the people around him to simplify things for him, to cater and cozen and spoil him until he didn't even like himself?

I swear, Cynthia - that boy just doesn't know how to have a lifelong disability! I can only pray and work toward the day when Kendra doesn't know that, either!
love.gif

Didn't he understand that he was supposed to sit on the sidelines in his chair watching life go by him right outside the window?

Didn't he hear that he was supposed to be "stuck" in that wheelchair his entire life, and that his life wasn't going to be a long one anyway?

Did he miss the memo that says he's supposed to live at home with Mommy and Daddy, then go to live with a relative or in a convalescent home for the rest of his days if he outlived his parents?

How could he ignore the fact that he wasn't supposed to live on his own, have a full and rewarding lifestyle, be busy and active and happy, and get into mischief from time to time?

What gave him the warped idea that his God-given purpose in life was to make others happy, to do what he could to help friends succeed, to find his niche in life and decorate it the way he wanted it? Didn't he know that it was the job of the people around him to simplify things for him, to cater and cozen and spoil him until he didn't even like himself?

I swear, Cynthia - that boy just doesn't know how to have a lifelong disability! I can only pray and work toward the day when Kendra doesn't know that, either!
love.gif
Good one Blooie!
thumbsup.gif

love.gif

I am crying right now. Thank you Blooie.
hugs.gif

He let me know that he has a bladder infection right now. He says, I have been lucky, haven't had one in quite a while. He will go into the office tomorrow, and guess what? There is one right across the street from him. They have Walk in Emergency's. He'll get on his regular urinary medication for this problem. He says it's quite painful this time, will ask for pain medication this time. He doesn't always, so when he does, I know he's in pain. Glad that place is right across the street.

Blooie, you are amazing with words, and that post was spot on for our Richard..I'm still crying. May I share this with my family? Let them know that this came from someone on one of my favorite forums?

Back
Top Bottom