Raising Geese 101

Yes we sell them we have show quality BAs we decided to start breeding to keep the breed pure, the business grew very quickly and we have a hard time keeping up with the demand. We also started a workshop on how to care and show chickens for interested customers its a lot of fun. We want to get the pond ready for the goslings before the chicks hatch, I have 10 more BA eggs in the brooder and 11 show quality partridge and silver Silkies they hatch this weekend hopefully
fl.gif

Yes we sell them we have show quality BAs we decided to start breeding to keep the breed pure, the business grew very quickly and we have a hard time keeping up with the demand. We also started a workshop on how to care and show chickens for interested customers its a lot of fun. We want to get the pond ready for the goslings before the chicks hatch, I have 10 more BA eggs in the brooder and 11 show quality partridge and silver Silkies they hatch this weekend hopefully
fl.gif

So alot of folks in SA are into showing that is cool. BA's are a beautiful breed. Well usually mine are in molt right now. Well you'll have to sneak in some pics of your chicks when they hatch I'd love to see them or put up the link here if you show them off in another thread.

We have a big community of people showing poultry I show my Silkies and Australorps, its hard work but I love it, my roo
Shane is a two time champion. He has no tail feathers at the moment, had a mishap with the coop door, so we could not show him at the last show.

This is Shane he weighs 9kg.

I have two chicks already that we hatched in a brooder 2 weeks ago

We have a big community of people showing poultry I show my Silkies and Australorps, its hard work but I love it, my roo
Shane is a two time champion. He has no tail feathers at the moment, had a mishap with the coop door, so we could not show him at the last show.

This is Shane he weighs 9kg.

I have two chicks already that we hatched in a brooder 2 weeks ago

lol I mean they were hatched in the incubator, busy cleaning the brooder the goslings were in. They settled in the coop with the Australorps going to leave them there the hens aren't bothered and the goslings warmed up to Beach who is in seventh heaven now because she has babies to fuss about. Will try and sneak a photo later when I close them in.

lol I mean they were hatched in the incubator, busy cleaning the brooder the goslings were in. They settled in the coop with the Australorps going to leave them there the hens aren't bothered and the goslings warmed up to Beach who is in seventh heaven now because she has babies to fuss about. Will try and sneak a photo later when I close them in.
Beautiful Roo. and chicks too. Your BA's must be very mild mannered, mine are bullies they even bully my drakes not the geese. I could never leave any duckling or gosling in with my chickens.

Hi been very busy, we finished fixing up the pond and the goslings are thriving. My BAs have accepted the goslings into the flock, my roo checks up on them constantly as they tend to wonder away on their own little adventures. Pirate has figured out that he/she can use the other goslings to get the oil he/she needs to be watertight so one less thing to worry about. All 5 my BA hens are now tending to the goslings making sure they are safe and the roo calls them when they find food its awesome to watch. I'll post some pics a bit later my phone has been on the fritz just got it fixed and the chicks are starting to hatch
jumpy.gif
, good thing too I have someone wanting to trade WA chicks for some of my BA chicks. We can finally start our Splash Australorp project yay.

Hi been very busy, we finished fixing up the pond and the goslings are thriving. My BAs have accepted the goslings into the flock, my roo checks up on them constantly as they tend to wonder away on their own little adventures. Pirate has figured out that he/she can use the other goslings to get the oil he/she needs to be watertight so one less thing to worry about. All 5 my BA hens are now tending to the goslings making sure they are safe and the roo calls them when they find food its awesome to watch. I'll post some pics a bit later my phone has been on the fritz just got it fixed and the chicks are starting to hatch
jumpy.gif
, good thing too I have someone wanting to trade WA chicks for some of my BA chicks. We can finally start our Splash Australorp project yay.
How sweet, I cannot imagine my BA's even remotely taking care of goslings. Great news about Pirate. Okay I'll bite what are WA's I wanted to look it up but you didn't give us much to go on.

Back
Top Bottom