Raising Geese 101

also another question.Do ganders just fight?Or will females battle it out as well,do ganders and gooses battle eachother?

also another question.Do ganders just fight?Or will females battle it out as well,do ganders and gooses battle eachother?
How does his eye and face look @TheTwoRoos Eye injury can be serious do you have any Veterycin spray for wounds and infection.. I'd wash his eye and face real gently with a saline wash 1/8 tea to 1 cup of warm water then spray Veterycin in his eye and on other wounds on his face. Yes ganders will fight Not sure if this is what happened have you seen them fighting before today?

They usually use their wings to beat each other up.

Last edited:
Just my two cents, but if there are punctures included in his injuries, it might have been those hawks mentioned earlier, since ganders mainly fight with their beaks and wings.

His eye is like squashed,it looks like wanna of those luck eye cuts where it just gets the corners,although no cut is a a good nor lucky one really,but far as i'm concerned,he can still see out of it,and at this point that is very important.I keep mentioning to get vetrycine,but have not,so the only things I use for wound as of now,is peroxide,Vaseline (I rubbed this on his cut),and warm water.My main supplies as of right now.I do think I have gauze somewhere,but I would have to ask someone if they knew.

No i have not seen aggression other then that time I mentioned the other supposedly gander biting th main gander every time he would turn in the water.

His eye is like squashed,it looks like wanna of those luck eye cuts where it just gets the corners,although no cut is a a good nor lucky one really,but far as i'm concerned,he can still see out of it,and at this point that is very important.I keep mentioning to get vetrycine,but have not,so the only things I use for wound as of now,is peroxide,Vaseline (I rubbed this on his cut),and warm water.My main supplies as of right now.I do think I have gauze somewhere,but I would have to ask someone if they knew.
I've heard, as I believe mentioned before in this thread, rinsing with salt water will do him some good. You're doing well for now, but please make sure that your other geese are safe in case the hawks or whichever predator decides to come back. I'm sure you wouldn't want a repeat accident.

Yes,we loked evryone up early today,and plan on keeping them locked up for a few days until the hawks go to another farm or at least go bunny hunting,plenty of mice and rabbits out here,but I guess chicken and goose sounds better.

Hi I am looking to get 2 tufted Roman geese. I was wondering if anyone on this thread had some eggs, better yet goslings to buy. I am in southern Ohio and do not want to order 8 from the hatchery and shipping 2 is really super expensive. Was hoping to find someone a bit closer.I really would like to get some of these geese. I think they would fit my farm perfectly.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Linda

Back
Top Bottom