1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Raising goats?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bearz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    So my son is doing a new 4H project. He's done pigs (and will continue to do them), geese, rabbits and of course the chickens which he still does. He's earned enough money from selling the chicks and eggs to buy a couple of angora goats. I'm not having any luck finding a great forum like at BYC. Anybody know of one?

2. nifftiness

nifftiness Out Of The Brooder

When i first got my goats i love the Backyardherds forum. Join and scroll down to the goat sections, its about mid way. Tons of great people, great informations, and easy to use.

3. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Thank you!

4. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Quote:You can also go to the bottom of the pages on this site & have a direct link to the sister site.
    They have a LOT of knowlegeable people who helped me out a lot when I got my first goats (I'm TigerLilly over there, too).
    Do as much reading as you can & when you get your goats (you need TWO), just sit back & watch them. It's awesome to see the little kidds play!
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. Lifesong Farm

Lifesong Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    Noble County
    Ditto about backyard herds but I have also found The Goat Spot to be as great for goats as BYC is for chickens. They have a section for fiber goats there.

6. 9gerianMile

9gerianMile Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Western MT
    www.TheGoatSpot.net is a great resource for goats. There is a mod there who runs a fiber goat 4H [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by