Raising Meat Rabbits

Pics
The dwarfs look like Netherlands. It is not recommended to breed dwarf does to a full size bucks. Ideally, the does should be bigger than the bucks. If the buck is bigger, it is best if the size difference is minimal.

Ok now this is getting tricky, I was told that this is the buck, is it a dwarf or
full size?

Right now they all look the same size to me.

metal it is for there safety or cover the pressure treated wood
They will be in the wire cage till I get this fixed. Thanks I would have missed that. My daughter loves them I sure don't want anything to happen to them.

Might just keep this as her pets and get some American blue to breed if they are really Netherlands dwarfs I don't think that's a meat breed

They are are all good white meat. I sure would not want to raise the Dwarf breeds for meat production. You can put hardware cloth over the pressure treated wood to keep the rabbit from chewing on it. Note: For those that are using wood in there rabbit cages if you will keep them supplied with pine cones they will chew on the pine cones and leave your cage alone most of the time. They prefer pine cones that have already opened up. And if you have them in metal cages the pine cones are good for the rabbits. It helps there teeth. Pine cones are free in most pine forest. Ask before taking them off private property, state, and especially Federal Land.

Back
Top Bottom