of any of these three breeds amd I would be ok for meat? What
do you think of a hutch design like this for the rabbits in a PA winter,
even if it was like this last one?
Four Hole Rabbit Hutch - http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/4361792257.html
If a 3-way cross which breed would you suggest for the
last cross?
Thanks!
Karen in Ligonier, PA

That rabbit hutch is very similar to the one that the lady had where I got my Californian rabbits, hers was 2 sided. We are in Central PA. She had her rabbits out all year long. She did say in the winter when it got really cold or windy she put a tarp up over the side that the wind was blowing from. I'm just starting out but I have 1 New Zealand Buck and 3 Californian does. No meat yet, hopefully soon!

I am so happy. I just bought a Red New Zealand Doe. She is 10 months old and pregnant. She will be a first time mom and the breeder recommended that I set up a place in the barn on the floor for her since the Reds don't always make very good first time moms and will have the babies on the wire. Having them in the barn helps since the babies will be warm no matter where she has them.

American White and American blue babies. These little bundles were born on 3/14 so there are just about 3.5 weeks old in this photo. This first time mom has been a great mom. She is habituating with another Doe and litter mate. The other doe was bred but never got pregnant but the two live happily together with the little of babies in an 8 X 8 corner of the barn. I sexed them yesterday and it looks like 3 girls and 2 boys. The White is a boy. I was soooo hoping it was a girl.

here they are, I was told the buck was a NZ, the others look like dwarf something. Anyone with an idea what they could be? I got all for $30 I like the one in the last pic most.
The dwarfs look like Netherlands. It is not recommended to breed dwarf does to a full size bucks. Ideally, the does should be bigger than the bucks. If the buck is bigger, it is best if the size difference is minimal.

The black one above dose look like a dwarf breed. Glad to hear you are going to take care of the pressure treated situation. It looks like you used hardware cloth on the bottom of the cage. If that is the case it will not hold up as well as cage wire which is a heavier grade wire and has 1/4 X 1/2 in holes in it. If your rabbits are caged inside I would suggest a catch pan for there droppings that you can slide out and empty every couple of days.

my white meat hybrid buck he is a nz and cali cross..he is a big boy

Here are my new rabbits! Anyone know what the grey and white one is? I bought her at a feed store.

I also just got 2 big cages for $55 =) oh and the $55 is for both, and feeders, a waterer, and two nest boxes! Score!

Back
Top Bottom