Raising then selling chicks

I hatch and sell my own chicks. Mostly barnyard Brahma but do come up with 100% when I put a little effort into it lol. Hawaii so, not great success with mailed eggs and tend to be the last in line for mailing live chicks to feed stores.
I have found people gobble up pullets. The older the chick 3-4mo and up to 1 year seem more desirable than the need heat chicks. I tend to do a better break even, find a better customer being they are paying and more committed etc. I will grow out when asked too. I add $5 a month and it helps with feed. I think it is important to try and vet as best you can b4 any exchange and it is lots of work to keep things clean, worm and disease free.
I do it as a community service and personal therapy as I enjoy raising chicks and chickens too 😉 so if you have the time and space it can be great fun. Maybe let yourself grow into it.
Best of luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
I hatch and sell my own chicks. Mostly barnyard Brahma but do come up with 100% when I put a little effort into it lol. Hawaii so, not great success with mailed eggs and tend to be the last in line for mailing live chicks to feed stores.
I have found people gobble up pullets. The older the chick 3-4mo and up to 1 year seem more desirable than the need heat chicks. I tend to do a better break even, find a better customer being they are paying and more committed etc. I will grow out when asked too. I add $5 a month and it helps with feed. I think it is important to try and vet as best you can b4 any exchange and it is lots of work to keep things clean, worm and disease free.
I do it as a community service and personal therapy as I enjoy raising chicks and chickens too 😉 so if you have the time and space it can be great fun. Maybe let yourself grow into it.
Thanks you I have sold some chicks a few days ago but I’m just nervous because I don’t want them to go to a bad home and other things like that and I get attached to them 😂 anyway keeping three of them lol
But I do like it most of the time

Back
Top Bottom