rake out old fruit?

Is it something that is going to attract ants? Somethings I leave in there but if it is large enough to be an eyesore or if it will attract ants I get it out. It is not going to hurt either way.

I would build a compost and toss any uneaten foodstuffs into it. We bought one similiar to this http://stores.microbialearthfarms.com/-strse-43/Flexible-&-Easy-Compost/Detail.bok at our local plant nursery. It came apart real easy, then we shoveled all the compost into our garden boxes last night.

Any rotting foodstuffs you leave will attract insects and other unwanteds into your coop--you don't want that.
cool.png

I clean everything up each night. I don't want to attract any mice, rats, raccoons, etc to the coop at night. Plus I don't want my girls to eat any old, rotting food.

i clean myn out about once a week unless it is quite hot out i would do it daily as it attracts all sorts of bugs

Depends if they're done with it our not, cabbage can take a few days so I let it stay same with sunflowers. Watermelon is done for in a few hours and only the rhine is left, which they are not going to eat. I just toss it in the compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom