Rambo

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicksurreal, Dec 19, 2013.

1. chicksurreal

chicksurreal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    I just wanted to post a small tribute to my poor black Andalusian cockerel that got killed by a bobcat today. He was only 15 weeks old, but he was shaping up to be a beautiful protective roo for his flock. He was already the dominant one out of the three cockerels we have and I will miss him very much. Here are some photos of him during his short life. We love you Rambo. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JDXX

JDXX Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2013
    Mendo
    I am sorry for your loss. I just saw that guy this morning in the guess what this chicken is thinking thread. Again so sorry.

3. chicksurreal

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    Thank you very much. He was a wonderful guy and I already miss him so much. He was always the first one to come running to greet me when I would go outside. it's hard to believe how much I could love these chickens. I never would have believed it before we got them.

4. JDXX

JDXX Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2013
    Mendo
    Yeah chickens sure do find a way into our hearts. Especially certain ones. We are new to chickens and Ive noticed people don't get it,unless they have or have had chickens. I have thought to keep them penned up all the time for safety but cant because they are so happy doing the chicken thing all around the property. So it is a risk we all must take if we chose to let our chickens be free. Think if anythings experience leads to its personality how different they would be and different our relationships would be if we didn't raise them the way we did. I say this just so we remember after our losses how we were able to make that special bond with our birds (certain ones especially) and hopefully don't prevent ourselves from doing it again after a traumatic experience such as this. I just dont think I would enjoy my Chickens nearly as much if they were in a pen all the time. I think it is worth the risk. Rambo looked like a very happy guy. Sorry for my rambling its late.

RIP RAMBO

5. chicksurreal

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    I appreciate your thoughts very much. My family and I were just talking earlier about what a great life Rambo had. He was a very happy guy and I'm glad he got to live his life the way he did, just sorry it was so short.

I can't bring myself to pen my chickens up all the time either. They love to roam all over our property and have spent many happy days exploring and just being chickens. We're very new to chicken keeping too, and I just don't want any mistakes or ignorance on my part to cost them their lives.

Thanks again for your kind words, I'm so grateful to have found a forum where people understand how much chickens can be loved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by