Random Acts of Kindness

I was at the check stand inside a gas station handing $3.76 to the clerk and watching him count it to turn on pump #2 for me. The man who had JUST paid for his groceries turned around and handed the clerk a ten dollar bill. He said, "Good lord, I just bought beer - put this on that pump for her."

I asked him for his address so I could repay him when I got paid, and he refused to provide it. I almost cried. Actually, after I pumped the gas and started the engine, I did cry and had to sit there for a couple of minutes to get it together to drive away.

Some time thereafter, couple weeks or so, I was behind a gentleman who was counting out change for gasoline while I waited to buy ice cream and cigarettes. I handed 2 fives to the clerk and told him to put it on the customer's pump. The gentleman thanked me profusely and I said he was welcome.

When I walked out to my car, he came towards me from the pumps and asked me for my address to repay me. I, too, refused to provide it. "No, I had the money on me, if I didn't have it to spare, I wouldn't have done it. Somebody did it for me not too long ago."

Sometimes it's just a few cents when someone is short in a checkout line, but having received the gift when I most needed it, it's ever so easy to pay it forward.

Awesome stories! I was checking out at toys r us the other day. We didn't spend enough to use the 10.00 dollar off coupon that I had, So I walked up to some lady with a cart full, and handed it to her. She almost started to cry! I said we can't use it, and I wasn't about to spend extra just to save the 10 bucks! She was so excited. It wasn't as if I handed her money or anything, but I guess to her it was!
I would have loved to just paid for her whole cart! Now that would have been something to get excited about!!! Still gives you a warm feeling when you make someones day!

Also someone made my day today! I gave the ladies in my bus garage office some salsa and Habanero Gold pepper jelly, and one of the ladies asked if this was the jelly Colleen keep bragging about?
I said I don't no, and she came running out of the back room, yes yes that is it! The ladies were so excited! They said we were hoping we'd get to try it some day! I was tickled that someone liked something that I made so much! I smiled all the way home!

all these stories r so cool!
clap.gif

My DD is doing a random acts of kindness project at school. They are supposed to "catch" someone doing one and give them a paper gold star. The stars are all hung on the christmas tree in the lobby! BUt, she also had to find five random acts of kindness she saw outside of school. SO we talked about what counted as a random act of kindness and we started looking at things people did for each other. We listed five very quickly that her father had done.

She looked at me very big eyed, and said, "Daddy is very kind isn't he?" I teared up. I said, "Yes, he is and we're very lucky to have him." She just nodded.

I keep praying it will come back to us now that we are in need, and it looks as if it will. A neighbor already just gave us money. He said he had it and it would make him happy for our girls to get a good christmas.

I'll never understand how the worst in some people (greed and fraud on wall street to name a few) can bring out the best in so many others. Y'know they say that poor people give more of the overall income to others than do very wealthy people. We know what it is like to do without and how a few dollars can make a huge difference.

There's a cool website named http://www.helpothers.org/index.php

This
story was recently posted. I loved it.

Change Of Heart

--posted by cabbagepatch on Dec 22, 2009

A mother and daughter living in my complex are two of the most unfriendly people I have ever come across in my life. They are totally withdrawn, mixing with no one. As they drive past neighbors they keep their eyes averted and make no sign of acknowledgement. The only fame they have is making a nuisance of themselves to the local police station by reporting music played too loud, dogs barking more than once a day and any other petty little gripe.

On moving into this neighborhood, I was warned about these two but decided I would make up my own mind. This proved quite a challenge to me as more than once either the mother or the daughter would knock on my door and blast me with some complaint or other.

My warfare? I always answered politely and made sure I waved as they went past my place and also made the effort now and then to make a kind remark about their garden or pets.

Time passed and I joined the 29-day giving challenge, In October, as part of the kindness rock give, Maureen and I decided to place a kindness rock on their property. Their attitude remained unchanged, however, and I continued to be as friendly as possible. During the Easter give to senior citizens, we decide to add these two unhappy ladies to our list and left a packet of cookies on their gate. Imagine my surprise when two days later they stopped at my gate and jokingly said they are considering hanging their Christmas stocking on their gate. I said I thought I would try that too. I did not want them to know I had placed the kindness rock etc. That wasn't the suprise. The surprise was that they brought me a bunch of flowers!

So, my fellow gifters, do not give up on your random gifts of kindness. You may never know just what this means to others, nor how many broken or hard hearted people you may just change with a simple act of kindness.

I like these kinds.

While shopping for LuLu robot kitty for Nicole for a present at Target.....I found it on sale for $38. I didn't want to even pay that..LOL
stood there debating whether to get it and Tony said YOU HAVE TO....so I put it in the buggy. Lady down the aisle said she had a $10 coupon off for LuLu kitty and she gave it to me. I thought that was so kind. Only $28 at checkout. I was happy and said thank you a 100 times.....LOL.....very nice of a strange to give me that coupon and she had me smiling the rest of the day.

Getting older now I do have more patience. I find myself letting people get in line in front of me and all those other small acts. I don't mind, I realize at this stage I want to move slower and relax and I will let the others move by fast..LOL

A few years ago I was at a bank and my card didn't work, some man came up to ne and said: you won't believe this but god told me to give this to you" . It helped so much at the time as we just had a house fire, it was well over $200!

Last edited:
Last winter as I was struggling to shovel the end of my reeeeaaalllyyyy long driveway, a truck pulled up, waved me aside and plowed me out. While he was plowing I ran inside, grabbed a 20, but he wouldn't take it. He just said "Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho!" and drove away. Santa Plow!!! Wouldn't you know he showed up and plowed me out during the next storm too! And the next one! I asked him if I could please hire him for the season and he said no... he was retired, driving by my place anyway but couldn't really commit to anything. I started leaving him gifts on the hood of my car with a sign that said "Santa Plow". What a sweet man!

Back
Top Bottom