Random acts of kindness

Northwind

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 3, 2012
Yorkshire
Ever heard the saying "Pay it forward"? They say it's the little things that count. I think I might make it a goal to commit a random act of kindness a day, however small. :pop

Anyone got their own stories?
I'll update this thread when and if I remember to do something daily that might not be something I'd usually do... :p

Oh yes. It can be as small as telling someone "have a nice day" when you really want to tell them they are dumb as a stump. It is all about getting past your judgments and just being happy FOR someone else.

:thumbsup

Very good point, debi.
Depending on mood, that can sometimes be a hard thing to do, but it's going to benefit someone else and that's good enough of a reason. :p

Ever notice that allowing someone to merge onto the highway in heavy traffic frequently inspires the person behind you to do the same thing? The Princess and I call doing this "raising the endorphin level'.

Did you know that Random Act of Kindness Day is celebrated in over 26 communities across Canada already?

Since 2008, Random Act of Kindness Day® has brought Kitchener-Waterloo (Ontario) and over 26 other Canadian communities together by engaging citizens in small acts of kindness and generosity.

The message is simple; do something nice for someone and ask nothing in return other than they do something nice for someone else. Part of the beauty of the initiative is that it doesn’t have to cost a cent. Holding a door open, words of thanks and encouragement, telling someone they’ve done a good job – these are the kinds of acts that citizens ‘pay forward’ on this special day.

As the creators of Random Act of Kindness Day®, The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation has brought this message of kindness and empathy to others. Schools, businesses, religious sects, retailers, membership organizations, and individuals have created unique and innovative ways in which to connect with their fellow citizens.
Random Act of Kindness Day® has also grown to become a branded kindness initiative celebrated across the province (and soon across the country) – led by other community foundations and community organizations.

While we are blessed to live in such amazing communities where so much kindheartedness happens, we hope that people will slow down just a little on this special day and recognize when someone does something nice for them. And, then hopefully they will pay that thoughtfulness back. By doing so, our communities become better places to live, work, and play, with citizens who feel a stronger sense of community connection and belonging.

Random Act of Kindness Day in 2012 will be celebrated on November 9th! For more information on Random Act of Kindness Day® or to find out how you can be involved, contact:

Bethan Llewellyn
Office Manager
The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation
[email protected]

Today I chatted with the old lady who is often seen walking her dog round these parts. She tells me that she walks it four times a day. :th
Anyway, I usually just say hi, but today we had a bit of a chat.

OK, that was a lame random act of kindness, I don't even think it counts. :lol: Anyway, hopefully I'll get better at noticing opportunities for better ones soon. :old

Today I chatted with the old lady who is often seen walking her dog round these parts. She tells me that she walks it four times a day.
th.gif

Anyway, I usually just say hi, but today we had a bit of a chat.
OK, that was a lame random act of kindness, I don't even think it counts.
lol.png
Anyway, hopefully I'll get better at noticing opportunities for better ones soon.
old.gif

Absolutely not lame! Elderly people quite often feel forgotten and lonely. A small bit of conversation may have put her on cloud nine.

Thanks Deanna.
And yes, I do agree with that, I find that the elderly have many of the most interesting things to say.

And besides, it's a really cute dog. :lol:

Today I have been turning off taps that people have left running in the loos. That counts, I suppose, as being kind to the environment. :p

Back
Top Bottom