Random color name question

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Why does this color pattern have so many different names? (these pics are all from the MPC website)
SpeckledSussex_A4A5540-Edit.jpg

'Speckled' Sussex ^
JubileeOrpington_A4A3170-Edit.jpg

'Jubilee' Orpington^
Studio_BrdBelDUccle_478_L (1).jpg

'Mille Fleur' D'Uccle ^
I understand that the D'Uccle is a bit different, but it seems to be a very similar pattern. Why does this have so many different names? Is it different
genetically in each one? I know that the D'Uccle is a bit different with the lighter coloring, so would be a bit genetically different, but are the other two just the same? Booted bantams also have a 'mille fleur' coloring that looks very similar to the D'Uccle.

Last edited:
Why does this color pattern have so many different names? (these pics are all from the MPC website)
View attachment 2312365
'Speckled' Sussex ^
View attachment 2312371
'Jubilee' Orpington^
View attachment 2312373
'Mille Fleur' D'Uccle ^
I understand that the D'Uccle is a bit different, but it seems to be a very similar pattern. Why does this have so many different names? Is it different
genetically in each one? I know that the D'Uccle is a bit different with the lighter coloring, so would be a bit genetically different, but are the other two just the same?

The booted bantam can have similar coloring to this.

I think that's just the name of the breeds
I was wondering because you can have a 'light' sussex and a 'buff' and 'lavender' orpington, and a 'porcelain' D'Uccle, so I was thinking that 'jubilee' or 'speckled' or 'mille fleur' was a color as well. Are they entirely different breeds, not different colors?

I was wondering because you can have a 'light' sussex and a 'buff' and 'lavender' orpington, and a 'porcelain' D'Uccle, so I was thinking that 'jubilee' or 'speckled' or 'mille fleur' was a color as well. Are they entirely different breeds, not different colors?
They are different colors!

Back
Top Bottom