Random Email..and now I have two new babies!!

duckyfromoz

Quackaholic
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Australia
A guy saw one of my websites or an ad I had placed and contacted me last night. He had bought some little ducklings to go with his pair of Silkies but decided ducks werent for him. He asked If I could take them and rehome them for him as he couldnt keep them. So I drove over after work today and picked them up. I had no idea how old...what Breed or anything more about them and was a bit worried about adding two more ducklings to the ones I already have. But I have ended up with two very sweet little Pekin ducklings!! They have obviously been handled a lot and are are very friendly. About two weeks old they are living with some of my Runners who are a week older- but everyone is getting along fine.

Here they are with one of my little Harlequin Runners.
46956_2_p_1_r.jpg

They love cuddles and will follow me around the house if they arent in there box.

Ohhhhhhhh!! So much cuteness!! I can't stand it:) I love ducklings! Espcially when they're in someone else's brooder.
lol.png

They have only been here for three hours so far- so I havent got too attached yet. I will have to rehome them
sad.png
I have too many here as it is at the moment. I have had to take a few weeks off work during hatching times so I can cope with them all - and we are still in the middle of winter here. I am concentrating on my Runners at the moment and although I do have a pair of Pekins and the duck is laying I havent set any of her eggs in a few months.

Aww, so cute! They couldn't ask for a better place to land until they find permanent digs! Hey, I just realized I won't have any, and I mean any, ducks in the house here very soon!
smile.png
Sweet babies!

they are cute ducky. i wish i could take them.. i will sail my pirate ship over, get monty and the pekins, go find baxter, and we can do all the other stuff we had talked about LOL sound like a plan? LOL

Ducky on right: "So, as I was saying... Are you listening to me?"
Middle ducky: "Yeah, I am. I just don't know what this thing is... It's in my face and it flashes."
Ducky on left: "SQUIRREL!"

Back
Top Bottom