Random Parrot Ramblings

Eggnog101

Songster
7 Years
Jun 26, 2012
So, This is a place where people who own parrots (or any other type of caged birds) can post anything they like about parrots.

Rules:

No Cursing or use of 'mild' language

Okay, I'll start. I went to the pet store, and found a HUGE bag of millet, (normally they sell it in small packets) for a very low price, I also found some treat sticks on sale, and a bird toy that has a bell on it (Apollo loves ANYTHING with bells on it) So I bought them for him, and all of it costed under twenty dollars! Normally, if I get him these things, it costs over thirty dollars.

also, pictures are always appreciated
wink.png

Charlie learned a new word today. I refer his favorite treat to "yum yum" so I'm always telling him "you want yum yum?" Recently it kind of sounded like he's trying to say "yum yum" but today he confirmed it. I said "you want yum yum?" He replied with "yum yum". Oh so cute. Such a smart bird. I really thought he would learn his name first as I said that the most to him.

For his first word "kiss". He now learned more to that. After he says "kiss" then as he gives you a kiss he does the smooch sound. He's so funny! I wonder what else he's gonna pick up?

Here's a before (3 weeks) and after pic (about 3 mos).

Robopetz, what a cutie pie!

One of my Cockatiels loves to sit on the top of the shower curtain as I shower each day. He sees me with my new clothes that I carry into the bathroom and he goes wild in excitement to come with me. He has been doing this for 17 years. But today, for the first time ever, he wanted down in to take a shower with me! He was singing and carrying on about things, so I put him on the shower caddy and let the water drizzle and splash on him. Boy, was he in heaven! So what have I done...he is going to want to REALLY take a shower with me every day now. LOL

Last edited:
How cute is that! Charlie loves to bathe. We bought him a fountain that is perfect for birds to shower in. He will fly to you when your at the sink cause he knows there is water lol. Do you have others?

How cute is that! Charlie loves to bathe. We bought him a fountain that is perfect for birds to shower in. He will fly to you when your at the sink cause he knows there is water lol. Do you have others?
I also keep Lovebirds. They are the most comical interesting birds I have ever kept. Pretty too. :)

Funny! My lovebird makes every sound but its own. He will mimmick my sun conure my cockatiel and even my quails but doesn't know how to make a normal lovebird noise. Lol. I bet he can talk if I reached him. He picks up every noise but his own lol.

robopetz, Charlie is so handsome. I never knew sun conures could talk!

and twocrows, my deceased (dog got him) sun conure, Mango, used to sit on my shower rod and sing to me
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom